Within the Master Class on European cultural policies, the students in MA Cultural Management will be meeting Mrs. Tsveta Andreeva - European professional in the field of cultural policies. The discussion will be held on January 10-th, 2016 at 10 am in the 18-th auditorium, 21 Kostaki Peev Street.
On January 9-th, 2016 from 10.30 am in the discussion of the Master Class on European cultural policies will participate Mr. Sylvain Pasqua from European Commissioner for Culture.
- In cooperation with the Czech Centre and its Director, Ms Catherine Hurtaeva service is provided to students by the program Cultural Management in EUNIC (International Network of National Institutes for Culture), with headquarters Brussels. The internship will take place in EUNIC - Sofia office.
- The new Master's program "Cultural Management" ensure the exchange of teachers and students with the French University Paris 13.
MA program in Cultural Management
Management culture and the creation of professionals who work in the field of cultural and creative sectors, incl. and cultural heritage is a challenge because it requires interdisciplinary which builds professions so far rely heavily on personal talent and entrepreneurship. The specifics of the program is determined by the close cooperation between university teaching and training partners from the real cultural and creative sector and the acquisition of practical skills in a European context. Our previous experience of working in other graduate programs to create direct links to institutions and professionals in the sector is successful and its upgrade in the Master's program will allow to achieve a deepening of the students' training. The relationship between the University and the business environment are made in several steps:
1. Expert Council was created, which includes eminent professionals and experts in the field of management culture and entrepreneurship. It includes:
- Mrs.Ameliya Gesheva, IM Old Town
- Mr. Asen Asenov, ONE Foundation for Culture and Arts (One Foundation for Culture and Arts)
- Mr. Valeri Kyorlinski Foundation Plovdiv 2019
- Mrs. Dr. Claire Giraud - Labalt, University of Nantes, Ambassador of ENCATC
- Mrs. Dr. Mariana Cholakova, Honorary Consul of Germany
- Mrs. Dr. Svetlana Kuyumdzhieva Foundation Plovdiv 2019
- Mr. Stefan Stoyanov, Deputy Mayor for Culture and Education of the Municipality of Plovdiv
2. Legally binding relationships have been created with national and international institutions in the sector through the signing of agreements on joint activity. Philosophy and History Faculty of the University of Plovdiv apply this program to become a member of the International Association of centers for training in cultural management (ENCATC), which has a special shaft to work with students and support their initiative. On July 9, 2015 we received confirmation of our participation as a regular member of ENCATC.
3. To create effective forms for inclusion of the program in international educational and professional network through contracts with universities offering similar programs and the opening of the university auditorium of renowned professionals in the field of cultural and creative sectors of national and international scale.
Already made the first steps towards contracting Erasmus + with European universities.
We received support from the French Cultural Institute in Bulgaria, Goethe Institute - Sofia, Cultural Department of the Austrian Embassy in Bulgaria, Spanish culture Cervantes Institute, Polish Cultural Institute, Hungarian Cultural Institute. Constantly making steps to obtain the support and participation of major cultural institutions.
The development of the Master's program will move in the short and long term. The short-term plan aims to reveal the program and start preparing the students with which to respond to the need to develop professionals for the needs of the region and Bulgaria in the perspective of "Plovdiv - European Capital of Culture 2019". This need is expressed distinctly research on the cultural situation and cultural infrastructure of the city  conducted in 2013, which shows the need to expand activities in the field of cultural and creative industries and cultural tourism. The long-term plan aims to achieve high quality training that are set European best practices and experience. This applies not only to the quality of education, but also for its offering of foreign language / languages, so that the master program to be competitive and to attract foreign students.
The choice of the city as European Capital of Culture determine the need and give impetus to the creation of a major cultural and creative industries. Master's program "Cultural Management" of the Faculty of Philosophy and History at Plovdiv University "Paisii Hilendarski" is the first of its kind in Bulgaria, which was developed in close cooperation between university teaching and training partners from the real cultural and creative sector. It is aimed at acquisition of practical skills in a European context. In the creation of curriculum advice and support Representatives of the Foundation Plovdiv 2019, Plovdiv, Ancient Plovdiv Municipal Institute Foundation ONE for Culture and Arts (One Foundation for Culture and Arts), French Cultural Institute in Bulgaria, Goethe Institute of Germany, Austrian Cultural Institute in Bulgaria, Spanish culture Cervantes Institute, etc.
 The study of the cultural situation and mapping the cultural infrastructure of the city of Plovdiv (state partnerships, resources) conducted months. July-August 2013 from a team of Philosophy and History Faculty under the direction of Prof.. Krastanova.